Thursday, January 29, 2009

More 365

I continue my quest for 365 days of consecutive shooting.  I am so rejuvinated  to be able to do this. 

The first picture is a little street photography taken looking outside from Fitzwilly's in NoHo(North Hampton).  I haven't done much street photography but I really like this.  I think it kind of catches the essence of the day.  I had a good meal.  I had the chicken pot pie.

The next picture was taken in Greenfield during the latest snow storm.  We got about 7 inches plus ice to tap everything off.

The last picture is my continuation of the personal flag project I have been working on for many years.  Maggie helped me with the crop.  We had dinner at Jake's the other night.  Really good pub food.  She also helped me with my promo piece.  David Turner walked in as we were having dinner.  She did not realize that he teaches there now.  It was really good to catch up with her.

Have a great day!


2 comments:

Don said...

JD, Hi! Your Dad and I really like the Fitzwilly's in NoHo photo as it captures ordinary life with movement, vapor from breath, glimmer of sunlight, shadow, glistening icicles in tree (is there a bird in the tree?)and also curious about the haze extending from the sidewalk to the vehicle. Appreciate how you were able to reach beyond the activity from the forefront to the distal images of people and buildings. Reminds me of how Norman Rockwall was able to create beautiful art by capturing a moment in life.

Also, like Lena's photo...you definately captured her fun/sophisticated nature! And the house on Talcott Mtn., it offers a sense of calm (anyway, for me it does) through semetry, unique/clean architectural lines, and focal color that nicely complements the ordinary color of the home. Really nice! You create interest for the viewer...as it encourages you to want to 'see it for yourself!'

Well, gotto go. Keep up the great work and looking foward to more photos! Love from your Dad and Irene

Shelley said...

Hi Joe Don! I just saw a comment from you on Christy's blog and followed it over. Your pictures are beautiful. If you send an email to szanutto@yahoo.com, I'll send an invite to our blog.

Shelley (shepard)