Sunday, September 7, 2008

Good Weekend.


This weekend was a good one.

Saturday I went over to Marcus and Claudia's for diner.  We had great pork chops and sweet potatoes.  I will always remember when I was growing up how my dad would fix sweet potatoes and always put butter and cinnamon with them.  You should try it.  Delicious!

After dinner we played uecher.  I was first introduced to uecher by Neil Domer-Shank.  It is evidently big in Ohio.   Oh yea it's a card game.

This morning I went to church in Amherst where I got to see my friends Daniel and Chris.  I was planing on going on a hike but went to the local fair instead where I meet up with Maggie, one of my coworkers and fellow Hallmark graduate.  It was OK.  The big deal though was that my car would not start afterwards.  She had her friends look at it and they got it working.  I am so thankful,  what a blessing.  I am going to try to take it into the shop tomorrow.

I am going to try to start reading my Bible more every day.  It is hard to be faithful. It is a struggle.   I am going to also try more hiking.  I need to get my car worked on and then that will come.  

Tomorrow I am at a school close to UCONN.

No comments: